INDIE IS GOING TO BE A BIG SISTER!


On Saturday 18th July we found out we are expecting baby number 2! We are elated and cannot wait for Indie to have a little baby brother or sister. 

I originally took a test before going out for the day and the test read negative. After a few hours we came home and the there was a very faint positive, and I mean very faint. I thought this was evaporation lines as I know you are not supposed to read the test after 10 minutes.




I took another test and got another very faint positive so now I was curious. I sent poor hubby out on the hunt for a Clearblue Digital and he returned and took that. By now this was about 3-4 in the afternoon so I knew the chances of the tests being able to pick up levels of HCG were decreasing but I just couldn't wait 'til morning. I took the test and lo and behold...




We are absolutely over the moon. We decided to tell people the very next day (after taking a second Clearblue Digital in the morning to confirm). We told people by letting Indie walk in wearing this...




I really can't believe it. Hubby and I have talked recently about having a little brother or sister for Indie, and so last month when I got food poisoning rendering my contraceptive pill ineffective we decided I would stop taking my pill. It took just a few weeks to conceive, we are so happy.

By dates I am currently 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant (and will do a little pregnancy update in the next few days) and have just booked my first midwife appointment, on the day of our two year wedding anniversary! Roll on the 29th July!



Tinyfootsteps


MaternityMondays

3 comments:

  1. Whoop whoop! Congrats! yes that first test would have sent me potty x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how adorable! Huge Congratulations :) exciting times ahead! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow - huge congratulations to you and your little family.

    I love Indie's t-shirt - what a lovely way to break the news.

    Can't wait to read more of your pregnancy updates, if if they do make me broody! ;)


    Thanks for joining our #HappyDayLinky

    Jenna at Tinyfootsteps xx

    ReplyDelete