WHAT'S IN MY HOSPITAL BAG (C-SECTION EDITION)


If you read my blog regularly you will know that I recently found out that I have to have a scheduled Caesarean Section to delivery baby number two. After having an emergency c-section with my daughter I am pretty aware of the extra things I will need to take to hospital, and the things I will now leave behind. I thought I would share a list of everything that I plan on taking to the hospital with me, aswell as the things I will add last minute, and the bits that I will leave in the car for the day we come home.


HOSPITAL BAG FOR MUM
-Dressing gown
-2 nightshirts (button up for breastfeeding)
-Overbump maternity pyjamas for after
-Maternity pads
-Big high waisted knickers (a few sizes bigger than usual so nothing touches wound)
-Nursing bras and breast pads 
-Nipple cream (for breastfeeding)
-A couple of pairs of socks
-Slippers (or flip flops)
-Toiletries (2 in 1 Shampoo, toothpaste/toothbrush, deodorant, dry shampoo, hairbrush, hair tie)
-Plastic carrier bag for dirty clothes 
-Dark thin towel
-Glucose sweets, cereal bars & sugary drinks


HOSPITAL BAG FOR BABY

-Pack of nappies
-Pack of water wipes (cotton wool is provided if needed)
-A few bibs and muslin squares
-2 baby blankets
-A hat or two
-5 vests
-3 sleepsuits (I love the quality of Next Sleepsuits)
-2 outfits (or extra sleepsuits) including socks/cardigans if needed
-A couple of pairs of scratchmits



TO ADD TO BAG LAST MINUTE

-Hospital/maternity notes
-Phone & charger (doubles as camera)
-Moisturiser and mascara (not a necessity but it'll make me feel a little better)

PUT IN CAR TO BRING TO HOSPITAL ON HOME DAY

-Car seat
-Snowsuit and blanket
-Warm hat
-Mums coming home clothes (maternity bottoms/loose clothing etc)

Most people say to take 3 outfits and vests for baby but I found I needed more as Indie would often spit up milk straight after putting on a fresh outfit so I'd rather have a couple bits spare than run out. Everybody is different and you might like to add extra a few bits to yours, or you might find a few things on my list that you wouldn't need or use yourself but these are all things that came in handy with my first C-Section.

No comments:

Post a Comment