WHY I STARTED BLOGGING


If you have ever read my posts from the very beginning you would have noticed that when I started my blog almost 3 years ago my first few posts were a bit random and few and far between to say the least. I loved the idea of being able to keep an 'online diary' and never knew the blogging world existed in the entirety that it does today.

I started blogging a little more regularly when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. I really wanted to record the bits of my pregnancy to remember and whilst my posts were nowhere near as in depth as they are now, I have little snippets of my pregnancy to look back on that I wouldn't have had, had I never shared them on my blog. This is the same with my wedding. I did a few posts in the run up to my wedding that were nowhere near 'blog-worthy' in terms of what I like to post nowadays but I have little bits to look back on that mean alot to me.

It wasn't until just before Indie was born that I discovered the social media community that accompanies the blogging world, particularly the mummy bloggers. Before that, I had assumed blogs were just online diaries and I could never understand why people had followers. One day I searched on Instagram for '29 weeks pregnant' to compare the size of my ever growing bump to others and found other expectant mums who were due around the same time as me and stumbled upon an online 'mummy community', many of whom had their own blogs too. It soon became clear that alot of these mum bloggers wrote about the same kind of things that I was interested in and often answered questions about pregnancy and parenthood that I wanted to read about.

After reading a few mummy blogs to get some of the answers to questions I had regarding pregnancy and parenting and finding it really helpful to get a genuine opinion or experience rather than just an 'googled answer', I was even more influenced to share my experiences on my blog. I began to understand that followers weren't just strangers they were expectant mums like myself who were looking for answers, or woman who wanted to be reassured by other womens experiences and situations.

And so I continue to blog; whenever I feel like writing or venting my frustrations or just sharing moments in my life that I want to remember when I look back. There are times when I question why I blog, whether it be down to jealousy induced comments from others or not having the time to write about all the little moments I want to be able to look back on, but then I just remember why I started in the first place and how I'm going to be able to look back on all of these ramblings and photographs in the future and remember things just that little bit clearer than I would have. And if nothing else, maybe one of my blogposts one day might give someone looking for answers a little bit of reassurance.

Why do you blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment