OUR WEDDING


On 29th July 2013 I married a handsome man, and promised him forever. Two months before our big day we found out we were expecting our daughter so I was actually three months pregnant on our wedding day.





I made my own bouquet using roses and gypsophila. It probably wasn't the best decision to do this on the morning of my wedding, 15 minutes before I was due to leave but I love
d it.




We got married at Borringdon Hall, a manor house in Devon nearby where we live.


Our photographer was a great family friend who captured the day perfectly. He even remembered to photograph the little details for us to remember; our rings, batman and catwoman cake toppers and our wedding car. We decorated the venue ourselves with cream and lace bunting and tealight candles in jars. The evening reception was warm and cosy.



The dress I wore was actually my third dress. I originally planned to wear my mums wedding dress and have it altered, but it was a corset style dress which was unsuitable once I discovered we were expecting. The second was a Grecian style which was cinched in with a low waistband which didn't sit right with my tiny bump. It was definitely third time lucky. My actual wedding dress was a 100% silk dress from Monsoon Bridal, I felt so comfortable in it and it flowed perfectly over my tiny bump.



In all honesty, all the little personal touches that I had planned for our day made it wonderful, but it would have been just as good without them. When I look back, I think about the fact that I have married my best friend, not about the table decor or seating arrangements. These photographs capture one of the happiest days of our lives and I am very lucky to have them to look back on.


Our first dance was to a song chosen by my hubby | James Morrison - Better Man |


On our wedding day I felt like a princess. I felt like the whole day was about us being together with family and celebrating our love. Our wedding probably wasn't the most conventional wedding, but we are not the most conventional of people. We had AC/DC, The Doors and The Red Hot Chili Peppers playing rather loud after our first dance, and we had a Batman and Catwoman caketopper that we made ourselves from Lego. Our venue lost our cake after we cut it and our cupcakes were not the colour we had ordered, but every single thing made a our day one to remember.


 ❤


Lean on each others strengths, 
forgive each others weaknesses.




No comments:

Post a Comment