WHY I CHOSE TO BE A STAY AT HOME MUM


Even before we had children, Kieran and I always spoke about how I wanted to be a stay at home mum. I have nothing against mothers that go back to work for their own reasons but I think if its financially viable then it can't do no harm for both mother and baby (or even father and baby) to have some extra time to bond. 


We live on one wage and whilst I am not rich financially, I am very rich in happiness. We pay all of our bills, eat very well, Indie wants for nothing, hubby runs a motorbike and we have regular family days out. I don't think that an extra income is worth sacrificing these precious years with my daughter. 

Everyday I see how hubby comes home from work and runs straight to Indie. How he spends every last second with her before she goes to bed because he's missed her all day. I really can't imagine my life being away from Indie everyday whilst she is this young. 



Everyone is different and I totally understand that many mothers need a break from their children. I understand that working is a bit of time away from 'being mum' for some. But I can wait for my time. My time will be when Indie starts nursery when she turns 3 or 4. I always wanted to be a mum, a full time mum. I trained in Accountancy before I had Indie so I've always got a back up, but my career can wait until Indie goes to nursery. I want to spend as much time with my child as I possibly can. They grow so quick and this isn't time that we will ever get back.





No comments:

Post a Comment